Special Report on
In Column Advertising
In Column Advertising - Trends
Latest Trending Story:
a new type of advertising: "Promoted Trends." Under the new system, brands can pay to appear below the "Trending Topics," the most talked-about terms on Twitter at any given moment. The idea is, in a word, ingenious -- the perfect way to generate revenue from the popular social network without infuriating users. The threat of in-stream ads It's no secret that Web users dislike ads. Why shouldn't they? Offline ads are all too often distracting and interruptive -- from TV advertising at 10-minute intervals to magazines that seem to carry as many ads as articles. Such commercial interruption is often tolerated but rarely ...
continues its practice of using outdated business models, and is now moving forward with a plan to charge users to read their online product. I’m of two minds about this one; I can see the necessity for the business to increase their online revenue, given that the traditional revenue generators for the paper (classifieds and in column advertising) have all migrated to the web. However, no paper has successfully charged their users for online content, ever. If the average user can’t get the content for free at the Times site, they’ll just read the NY Post, or the WSJ. BONUS: Amazon Kindle ... Read More
SURVEY RESULTS FOR
IN COLUMN ADVERTISING
- webarticles1 Twitter Articles: Has the concept of truth in advertising gone up in smoke? — COLUMN ... http://bit.ly/aznVuz
- listfreerus Advertising Bloopers | Newscripts: In this week’s Newscripts column, C&EN intern David Pittman wrote about radioac... http://bit.ly/atRzCL
- studentthompson Has the concept of truth in advertising gone up in smoke? — COLUMN http://bit.ly/dtclyI
Customized Consumerism: The Benefits and Dangers of Targeted Marketing
Jay Conrad Levinson Speech Preview
- The Webinar Blog: TMCnet Blurs Webinar News And Advertising
- FREE WEBINAR—Digital Marketing: The Shift of Advertising and the ...