Special Report on
Regulation of Advertising
Regulation of Advertising - Trends
Latest Trending Story:
Advertisers and their agencies are required to make many difficult moral choices, and it is not always easy to know how to make these decisions. Whatever choices advertisers make, there is no scarcity of third parties (e.g., public interest groups, the Federal Trade Commission, competitors, media commentators) to criticize and/or second guess. Thus, research on advertising ethics has the potential to assist managers and public policy makers as they make very difficult choices about communicating with their respective publics. One approach for understanding advertising ethics is to identify advertising practices (e.g., ...
The topic was the depiction of women in advertising. I was a guest on the panel with media analyst Jane Caro, advertising executives Russell Howcroft and Todd Sampson and host Wil Anderson. I argued: • That women continue to be portrayed in objectified, sexualised ways in advertising – and that it’s getting worse • That women are primarily depicted in normative ways as thin, white, anglo-saxon and idle • That images which would be considered sexual harassment if posted in a workplace are considered perfectly acceptable if posted on giant billboards in the public domain • That the regular ... Read More
SURVEY RESULTS FOR
REGULATION OF ADVERTISING
- richards1000 New: Livingstone on the Role of Scientific Evidence in the Regulation of Food Advertising Targeting Children http://j.mp/bfWUSr
- joshuwahwah Andrew Lansley promises less regulation of the food industry, in exchange for money for advertising #toryfail
- PetInsuranceHQ China targets 'vulgar' advertising for online games: The new regulation from the ministry of culture is the first ... http://bit.ly/9tLZyK
IAB's Randall Rothenberg on Interactive Advertising and Marketing
Content Encounter: CE4 Value Added Marketing and Advertising
- Webinar: The New EU Cosmetics Regulation | Personal Care Products ...
- Bank Of America Merrill Lynch, NY Life Featured On FINRA ...