Special Report on
Delaware State Chamber of Commerce
Delaware State Chamber of Commerce - Trends
Latest Trending Story:
3:43 p.m., March 23, 2010----Focusing on trends in the nonprofit sector and key challenges nonprofits will face in the coming years, Steven Rathgeb Smith, the Waldemar A. Nielson Chair in Philanthropy at Georgetown University, delivered the opening keynote address Monday morning, March 22, as the University of Delaware kicked off a two-day conference on “The Future of the Nonprofit Sector in Delaware and the Nation” at Clayton Hall. Smith also discussed the next steps for government, nonprofits, corporations, foundations and universities in supporting the vital service and representative role nonprofit organizations play in society.
Delaware is a tough place for organizations wanting to be independent and advocate for anything other than the "Chamber of Commerce" line. The small population base of Delaware makes it hard for any organization to have enough dues-paying members to support any staff. Delaware foundations don’t support truly independent voices, and outside funders generally don’t consider Delaware worth bothering with. Likewise, Delaware’s moneyed classes don’t seem to display much diversity of thought. A plantation mentality prevails…. So maybe it’s not surprising that the Read More
SURVEY RESULTS FOR
DELAWARE STATE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
- SundanceBuzz RT @KellyCoFro I'm at Delaware State Chamber of Commerce (1201 N. Orange Street, 12th and Orange, .. via @YoTwits
- KellyCoFro I'm at Delaware State Chamber of Commerce (1201 N. Orange Street, 12th and Orange, Wilmington). http://4sq.com/8ygpH6
- kengrantde RT @DEStateChamber: New Photos Posted: Teacher Externship - Delaware State Chamber of Commerce posted a photo: http://ow.ly/17WLLx
House Session 2010-04-15 (13:44:51-14 ...
JCCC Board of Trustees 5-21-2009
- bank of america corp. and webcast Resources | BNET
- EnviroPolitics Blog: Tomorrow: EPA webinar on effective land use