Special Report on
International Monetary System
International Monetary System - Trends
Latest Trending Story:
,” I identified eight concepts that I saw as having recently “peaked” and eight more that I saw as now rising in relevance. Those that I viewed as losing traction were: the G-7, global savings glut, corners hypothesis, proliferating currency unions, inflation targeting (narrowly defined), exorbitant privilege, Bretton Woods II, and currency manipulation. Those that I saw as receiving increased emphasis now and in the future were: the G-20, the IMF, SDR, credit cycle, reserves, intermediate exchange rate regimes, commodity currencies, and multiple international currency system. A condensed version appears this month
Globalizing Capital: A History of the International Monetary System is better described by its subtitle than its title, but even that fails to suggest just how up-to-the-minute it is. This book really provides a crucial key for unlocking the puzzles of today’s global financial crisis. It tells the whole story of how the gold standard worked, how the Bretton Woods system worked — and why and how they stopped working. If you wonder what the differences between floating and fixed exchange rates really are, this book will tell you, in all dimensions. It shows very clearly ... Read More
SURVEY RESULTS FOR
INTERNATIONAL MONETARY SYSTEM
- andrewk1986 RT @B_Eichengreen: My next event is at Melbourne University (the Corden Lecture on the international monetary system): http://benews.unimelb.edu.au/?p=139
- uommedia RT @B_Eichengreen: My next event is @unimelb: The Corden Lecture on the international monetary system http://bit.ly/dnmlln
- B_Eichengreen My next event is at Melbourne University (the Corden Lecture on the international monetary system): http://benews.unimelb.edu.au/?p=139
Will the Venus Project ever work? 2/5
A Resource Based Economy is really possible 1/2
- Statement by G-10 at the International Conference on Financing for ...
- Webcast - United Nations Conference on he World Financial and ...