Special Report on
On Quantitative Easing
On Quantitative Easing - Trends
Latest Trending Story:
Central banks usually strengthen the economy through a single, vastly powerful tool -- lowering interest rates. When the Federal Reserve makes it cheaper for banks to borrow money, that stimulus generally flows through the entire economy, as the banks make loans that in turn stimulate economic activity. But when times are so dire that banks are reluctant to lend whatever the cost, interest rate cuts lose their punch. That happened in Japan after the bursting of its real-estate bubble in 1991, and happened again in the wake of the credit crisis that upended Wall Street in the fall of 2008. In those circumstances, central banks ...
Yes, the central bank governor discussed in the latest instalment of the Bank of Canada’s monetary policy report the framework under which he would entertain such untested monetary policy — as deployed by his peers at the U.S. Federal Reserve and the Bank of England. But the framework’s opaqueness and Mr. Carney’s confidence in current bank policies means quantitative easing has virtually no room in the Bank of Canada’s playbook. “I think the central bank was partially doing this as a ‘what if’ contingency,” said Douglas Porter, deputy chief economist at BMO Capital Markets. “But it seems ... Read More
SURVEY RESULTS FOR
ON QUANTITATIVE EASING
- KevinAlcena On the negative side, GDP growth was moderate and not sustained after quantitative easing ended.
- titosnews FT.com / Capital Markets - QE2: investors braced for the sequel: Quantitative easing is back on the agenda ... http://bit.ly/aV6qNl
- CelebSense MPC on quantitative easing http://bit.ly/bEkbVL
LearningMarkets.com: What is Quantitative Easing
- Chrisley Asset Management Launches REO Agent Training Webinar
- Don Coxe webcast – updated » Investment Postcards from Cape Town