Special Report on
The Volcker Rule
The Volcker Rule - Trends
Latest Trending Story:
As you may just have heard the devil is in the details. Or, in the case of the latest push to reform Wall Street, the devil is in whether or not the details will actually be mandatory. Bank lobbyists looking to weaken the Volcker Rule are targeting its language, Business Week reports. The financial reform bill unveiled by Senate Banking Committee Chairman Christopher Dodd (D - Conn.) last week includes a rule prohibiting commercial banks from owning or investing in hedge funds, private equity funds or proprietary trading operations. The mandate, one of two chief reforms proposed by former Fed Chair Paul Volcker, was revealed by ...
For background, it’s clear that the White House nominally supports the “Volcker rule,” or at least tolerates it (I think Treasury’s basically been made to accept this), and its attempt to set up a firewall on proprietary trading at banks with depositor money. At the same time, they do not support the proposal to spin off the lucrative swaps trading desks away from the mega-banks. In fact, they have used the Volcker rule as a rationale for not supporting the spin-off proposal, saying the two strategies are duplicative. Of course, there is no hard Volcker rule in ... Read More
SURVEY RESULTS FOR
THE VOLCKER RULE
- kimk101 Forbes.com Video Network | Intelligent Investing: The Volcker Rule ...: Paul Volcker speaks on how lawyers won't b... http://bit.ly/aiB8yj
- RiverCityOtter RT @A_RABBITISH1: http://nyr.kr/byGPEL Tweaking the Volcker Rule. (#FF on the mark POVs-JM)
- compliancex Should We Be Outraged Banks Are Skirting the Volcker Rule? http://bit.ly/9Jd64V
The Obama Deception - Die Obama Täuschung Deutsch / German 1. deutsche Synchro
The Volcker Rule for Financial Institutions
- General News US - The Knowledge Congress: Knowledge Congress' Live ...
- Mayer Brown's Charles M. Horn to Speak at Knowledge Congress' Live ...