Special Report on
Minimum Wage Laws
Minimum Wage Laws - Trends
Latest Trending Story:
There is a growing view among economists that the minimum wage offers substantial benefits to low-wage workers without negative effect. Although there are still dissenters, the best recent research has shown that the job loss reported in earlier analyses does not, in fact, occur when the minimum wage is increased. There is little question that the overall impact of a minimum wage is positive, as the following facts make clear: If the minimum wage were increased nationally to $7.25: o 14.9 million workers would receive a raise, o 80% of those affected are adults age 20 or over, and o 7.3 million children would see their parents ...
A lot goes into choosing an appropriate minimum wage level. Like most questions of government intervention in markets, it comes down to efficiency and equity. But even if everybody agreed on a balance between the two, there is still no guarantee that the intentions behind the law will match reality. In the interest of providing a resource for those concerned about the minimum wage, I’ve distilled some data from the 2009 Bureau of Labor Statistics tables to address some basic questions. Who Earns the Minimum Wage in the United States? 4.9% of hourly workers earn the minimum wage or ... Read More
SURVEY RESULTS FOR
MINIMUM WAGE LAWS
- klmacewan RT @12twin62: RT @RobMcCarthyJr Killing Impact of Minimum Wage Laws That Increase Unemployment http://bit.ly/bnXqBj #tcot #p2 #teaparty
- awomanwhoknows RT @CAPAction: #Tenthers assert minimum wage, child labor, and anti-discrimination laws unconstitutional. Do they know it's 2010? http://cap.af/a18lWE #p2
- CAPAction #Tenthers assert minimum wage, child labor, and anti-discrimination laws unconstitutional. Do they know it's 2010? http://cap.af/a18lWE #p2
The Invisible Mexicans of Deer Canyon
- Microsoft PowerPoint - FMLA Webinar Program Powerpoint 9 24 08.PPT
- Frosty Wooldridge – What In The World Will Patriots Do About The ...