Special Report on
The Minimum Wage
The Minimum Wage - Trends
Latest Trending Story:
There is a growing view among economists that the minimum wage offers substantial benefits to low-wage workers without negative effect. Although there are still dissenters, the best recent research has shown that the job loss reported in earlier analyses does not, in fact, occur when the minimum wage is increased. There is little question that the overall impact of a minimum wage is positive, as the following facts make clear: If the minimum wage were increased nationally to $7.25: o 14.9 million workers would receive a raise, o 80% of those affected are adults age 20 or over, and o 7.3 million children would see their parents ...
It is, indeed, commendable that the Federal Government has finally agreed to raise the minimum wage to N17,000 a month. According to the chairman of the National Salaries and Wages Commission (NSWC), Chief Richard Egbule, henceforth, the least paid federal government worker on Grade Level One, Step One, will receive not less than N17, 000 per month. Similarly, the highest paid civil servant on Grade Level 17, Step Nine, will earn N453, 444 per month. Though, the increment is significant when ... Read More
SURVEY RESULTS FOR
THE MINIMUM WAGE
- sgreenwa5 One may have to start at the bottom to get a chance to work their way to the top! Minimum wage jobs yield experience. Better than none.
- ThePoliticTruth Politic Truth #11: The minimum wage in the United States is a joke. The current min. wage is $7.25 per hour. That... http://fb.me/EUz4YsFz
- nickdaniels Signing up for the clockwork orange Alex treatment, in return for minimum wage http://nyti.ms/9MJv1v
The Press - Such Dirty Laundry
MY PRESIDENTIAL PLATFORM I WROTE 2.5 MONTHS AGO
- Webinar. How to be a millionaire from your blog. Really ...
- CBS live Webcast: Presidential debate, round three | Politics and ...