Special Report on
Legal Services Bill
Legal Services Bill - Trends
Latest Trending Story:
Reform of legal services is being taken forward in the Legal Services Bill, with a proposed introduction date of 2010. It aims to create a Legal Services Board to oversee the sector and a new Office for Legal Complaints, and to introduce alternative business structures allowing external ownership of law firms. Some lawyers oppose the bill and fear that commercial enterprises may be able to enter the market directly and affect the viability of high street firms. Others see opportunities for collaboration to provide one-stop shops and to raise capital for investment. The Legal Services Bill, although aimed at England and Wales, ...
My experiences with the Scottish legal establishment and commentaries on law, justice & related issues. My work, with others, helped change the law in 2006 to bring a measure of independent regulation to Scotland's legal profession intended to raise standards of service & deal better with client complaints.Now the task is to bring fully independent regulation to the legal services industry and see that everyone in Scotland has unrestricted choice of access to justice & quality legal services. Community Safety Minister Fergus Ewing announces regulation for non-lawyer will writers . ... Read More
SURVEY RESULTS FOR
LEGAL SERVICES BILL
- DerekCummings42 RT @LawDonut: RT @Lawscot: Lorna Jack discusses the Legal Services Bill on the Society's blog - The better path? http://bit.ly/cwkNrq
- Lawscot Lorna Jack discusses the Legal Services Bill on the Society's blog - The better path? http://bit.ly/cwkNrq
- ikeepmyhouse Asheville area foreclosures at record levels: At Pisgah Legal Services, attorney Bill Whalen said he is seeing a r... http://bit.ly/bDUEcL
Westlaw HK Video Blog: Online Legal Research and Support 網上法律資訊搜尋 ...
- Webinar: What is the Role of HR in FCPA Compliance?
- Following up on today's webinar with Cordell Parvin: a few helpful ...