Special Report on
Medical-Legal Partnership - Trends
Latest Trending Story:
The fifth ABA HIV/AIDS Law and Practice Conference brought together healthcare providers, case workers and social service professionals and lawyers to discuss how HIV-related law and policy affects their work. The following are selected highlights from the two-day event, which took place in Orlando, Fla., in conjunction with the American Bar Association 2010 Midyear Meeting. Best of times, worst of times characterize efforts toward prevention, diagnosis, education, care and treatment Fresh from his first meeting as executive director of the newly formed Presidential Advisory Council on HIV/AIDS , Christopher Bates spoke to the ...
On his 18th birthday, Joshua York became an adult in the eyes of the law. But in the eyes of his mother and his doctor, he is still a child in many ways. Diagnosed with autism, Joshua is slow to understand what he’s being told and always has relied on his mother to make medical decisions for him. “As a mother of a son with a disability,” Gina York said, “you want to do anything for him to be safe.” And now the Westside mother can, after Joshua’s doctor referred her to an attorney, who helped her navigate the legal process to become Joshua’s guardian advocate. They are among hundreds of ... Read More
SURVEY RESULTS FOR
- jazmineulloa BCHC's Medical-legal partnership allows doctors, lawyers to work together to help vulnerable populations http://bit.ly/anfRWF
- BarExamRepeater RT @accesstojustice: Pro Bono 2010: Bridging the Divide - Medical/Legal Partnership in Indiana http://bit.ly/cxrRc2
- accesstojustice Pro Bono 2010: Bridging the Divide - Medical/Legal Partnership in Indiana http://bit.ly/cxrRc2
CONNECT! Family Services
Health hurdles: Tackling legal barriers for kids
- Promoting Family Advocacy Through Medical-Legal Partnership ...
- MCHCOM.com Webcast Communications from the Maternal and Child ...