Special Report on
UK Contract Law
UK Contract Law - Trends
Latest Trending Story:
is called "common law" and it binds future decisions. In cases where the parties disagree on what the law is, an idealized common law court looks to past precedential decisions of relevant courts. If a similar dispute has been resolved in the past, the court is bound to follow the reasoning used in the prior decision (this principle is known as stare decisis ). If, however, the court finds that the current dispute is fundamentally distinct from all previous cases (called a " matter of first impression "), judges have the authority and duty to make law by creating precedent . 3 Thereafter, the new decision ...
Foster & Partners and HOK Sport have been dragged into one of the biggest legal battles in UK construction history, the multi-million damages claim made by their collaborator on Wembley Stadium, contractor Multiplex. Just days after Multiplex filed a £253 million lawsuit against engineer Mott MacDonald, papers seen by BD show it is now suing the two practices for breach of contract in an effort to gain access to their staff so it can clarify the causes of crucial design changes. Although the £800 million flagship stadium was deemed an architectural success, it was delivered more than a ... Read More
SURVEY RESULTS FOR
UK CONTRACT LAW
- jobsbox Legal Secretary: Immediate start at a leading Law firm. Legal Secretary - Commercial team - 6 month contract. Do ... http://bit.ly/bfMT4G
- cearta European Private Law News - Call for evidence about a European Contract Law http://is.gd/eKkfL
- falverca Without Prejudice and Subject to Contract - http://bit.ly/dCq0oH - Great explanation - UK Law - #xl8
Contractor Insurance cover, complete cover offered by Tarpon
The Coming Collapse of the Middle Class
- Law Society Webinar: The training contract – the things you need ...
- Webinars Subscription: Corporate & Commercial Law - LexisNexis