Special Report on
Marketing Food To Children
Marketing Food To Children - Trends
Latest Trending Story:
USDA’s Economic Research Service (ERS) estimates total food expenditures for all food consumed in the United States was $1.18 trillion in 2009. Food purchased for home consumption accounted for $607 billion or 51.4 percent of the total. According to the ERS, spending on food away from home in 2009 was 48.6 percent or $574.5 billion. Restaurants, both full-service and fast food, account for about 78 percent of all food-away-from-home sales. According to the National Restaurant Association, U.S. adults purchase a restaurant snack or meal 5.8 times per week. The United States has 945,000 restaurants and foodservice outlets. ...
Obesity is both an individual clinical condition and is increasingly viewed as a serious public well being problem. Obesity means having an excessive amount of body fat. It is totally different from being overweight, which implies weighing too much. The weight could come from muscle, bone, fats and/or physique water. Obesity occurs over time if you eat more calories than you use. The balance between calories-in and calories-out differs for every person. Factors that may tip the balance include your genetic makeup, overeating, consuming high-fat foods and never being bodily active. ... Read More
SURVEY RESULTS FOR
MARKETING FOOD TO CHILDREN
- TroubledDays RT @stevefmitchell: F&B firms to opt for responsible marketing towards children: Seven major food and beverage (F&B) companies today a... http://bit.ly/b7nOS6
- stevefmitchell F&B firms to opt for responsible marketing towards children: Seven major food and beverage (F&B) companies today a... http://bit.ly/b7nOS6
- CenterAg FDA and watchdog groups take issue w/ marketing fat/salt/sugar laden food to children through toys.... http://fb.me/EZd1CiBV
Consuming Kids: Childhood Market Machine (part 1)
Consuming Kids: Childhood Market Machine (part 2)
- NPLAN Webinars: Gain Practical Knowledge about Childhood Obesity ...
- Community Gardens for Public Health Webinar Resources | PHLP