Special Report on
Technology Hype Cycle
Technology Hype Cycle - Trends
Latest Trending Story:
has used hype cycles to characterize the over-enthusiasm or "hype" and subsequent disappointment that typically happens with the introduction of new technologies. 2 Hype cycles also show how and when technologies move beyond the hype, offer practical benefits and become widely accepted. According to Gartner, hype cycles aim to separate the hype from the reality, and enable CIOs and CEOs to decide whether or not a particular technology is ready for adoption. A longer-term historical perspective on such cycles can be found in the research of the economist Carlota Perez . A hype cycle in Gartner's interpretation ...
New tech is released almost quarterly these days and lots of it doesn’t even make it to the mainstream market. Some of them appear and then fade into the background and some are just a small fad. Google Wave for example was massively hyped before its launch in early 2010, but does anyone that got an invitation use it anymore? For most of us the answer is no, but why is that and what went wrong? A useful way of illustrating why some new tech innovation fade away after their hype is to look at Gartners hype cycle to see the general trajectory of new tech adaptation in the market. ... Read More
SURVEY RESULTS FOR
TECHNOLOGY HYPE CYCLE
- philsimon The Wailgum Technology Hype Cycle, 2010 http://zd.net/cBBv8w @mkrigsman
- jamieai RT: @jimworth Taking liberties on the Gartner hype cycle ... http://bit.ly/9B4Sxe via @mkrigsman @MeganMurray
- jimworth Taking liberties on the Gartner hype cycle ... http://bit.ly/9B4Sxe via @mkrigsman @MeganMurray
Mark Raskino introduces the 2009 Gartner Hype Cycle Special Report.
MR292922 - EQUINOX HYPE - LED MOONFLOWER
- March 1: Webinar on Developing and Leveraging Open Government Plans
- Free Webinar on BPCC, Social and Cloud BPM