Special Report on
The Gartner Hype Cycle
The Gartner Hype Cycle - Trends
Latest Trending Story:
detailing some of the biggest trends in technology this year. According to the report, cloud computing, e-books and Internet TV are at the "Peak of Inflated Expectations," while this year's biggest hit Twitter is said to have "tipped over the peak" and is just about to enter the infamous "Trough of Disillusionment." Social software suites and other microblogging services are likewise starting their downward trend. Interestingly, web 2.0 is deemed to be nearly past the Trough and entering the "Slope of Enlightenment." One of our current topics of interest, RFID , is stuck right at the bottom of the Trough of Disillusionment. ...
The world of technology continues to innovate and new versions almost quarterly tech these days. Much did not even make it to the mass market and quickly fade into the background and some are just a figment of our small size. Google Wave example was massively hyped before its launch in early 2010, but does anyone who got an invitation to use it? For most of us the answer is no, but why is this and what was wrong? To illustrate why some innovations disappear after a period of hype, hype cycle, Gartner shows the general trend of adapting new technologies in the Gartner hype cycle divides ... Read More
SURVEY RESULTS FOR
THE GARTNER HYPE CYCLE
- milosevicfritz RT @alisaffari: Finally I understood the #gartner #hype #cycle. This is really great :) http://bit.ly/cmrIOR
- kazfernandes Hahaa this is pretty funny, the "Wailgum Technology Hype Cycle" 2010 for 2010: http://i.zdnet.com/blogs/wailgum-gartner-hype-cycle.jpg
- alisaffari Finally I understood the #gartner #hype #cycle. This is really great :) http://bit.ly/cmrIOR
Mark Raskino introduces the 2009 Gartner Hype Cycle Special Report.
Gartner Hype Cycle
- gartner inc. and webinar Resources | BNET
- March 1: Webinar on Developing and Leveraging Open Government Plans